Wednesday, March 9, 2016

In the middle of the night

I woke up at one am to my little girl coughing. Weirdly, she never woke up... Not even when I gave her cough syrup and water, but anyways... I was AWAKE. Mike was blissfully asleep for the first time in weeks, so I eventually moved myself to the couch so I didn't mess him up.

I'm not usually a middle of the nighter. I fall asleep early and even more so lately. Like 8 o'clock early. Once I'm out, I'm out. Even when I wake up to distribute cough syrup or extra pillows or whatever, I fall right back asleep. Not so last night. My mind was whirring.

I thought, in my stupor, "I should write these things down. This would make for a great blog post." I mean, probably not, now that it's the light of day and I really think about it, but still.

Here they are:

I wonder if there's a home remedy for clogged ears. Alice's ear have been clogged a week, maybe? I should take her to the doc. But what would they do? Prescribe a decongestant? She's not stuffed. A little clogged, but... Totally different things. I should google this.

Peroxide in ears? Is that dangerous? I should google that too.

Not dangerous. I feel like this is something Mike could do. Ear wax squeebs me out.

Slippery underwear: not sleep friendly. Thanks for nothing Target.

Now my undies are probably on inside out. Way to get dressed in the dark, you weirdo.

Is the porch door locked? Patio? Patio or porch? Either way, did Jonah lock it earlier?

What should I make for the first small group Thursday? Energy bites? Is that too healthy?

I need to stop at trader joes for oatmeal.

School of choice for kids? Am I making too big a thing out of this? Should I keep driving them JUST so I can pick their school? Is that enabling them? I never chose my school as a kid.

Wonder is Mrs. Buckholz is still alive. Now that I think of it, it was probably Miss. Unless she got divorced! Whoa.

Probably not. Unless that was why she wore all those Medals For Heaven. Maybe she was overcome with Catholic guilt... teachers, man. They're real people too.

Anyways. You get the idea. I have to go to work now.

What keeps you awake in the middle of the night?

EP


No comments: